Monday 17 August 2015

Creative Writing


Today for our creative writing, we continued looking at perspectives. We watched the video above and had to write a piece from the perspective of one of the monkeys. Here are some examples of our writing.

Monkey Symphony By Donovan Clarke


As i walk on stage behind my piano teacher i spot another monkey, a janitor that looked familiar to my brother that i used to practice with me, when we were little and the piano teacher taught us both but didn’t like him. And then one day, i was teaching him a song and I let him try when the piano teacher wasn’t looking. And instead of playing the song i taught him he played his own song he had written and practiced for years. the piano teacher immediately heard that he wasn’t playing the song he was meant to and came over and hit him with her conductors stick. Then he had had enough of her and quit piano. I stared at him as i walked past and he stared back at me. His friend then came out from behind the stage curtain and passed him a broom and they walked back stage. I followed my teacher to the piano and she told me to sit down. Quickly i sat down on the leather seat and started playing the piece i was due to play at my concert. I bowed my head down to look at the keys and as soon as she saw me start she held my neck up with her conductors stick she once hit my brother with.

I kept on thinking about that monkey that looked like my brother. I finished the piece I was practicing and i heard the faint sound of the piano playing a song that I knew so very well. My teacher froze as soon as she heard the song and i knew by the look of her face the she knew who was playing. I listened carefully to the piece being played and recognised it immediately as my brothers! My teacher walked over to where the music was coming from and pulled open the curtains and there he was playing his very own piece. He looked at me and smiled and started playing louder and signalled me to join in. I laughed and started playing along to it and the piano teacher ran over to my brother and hit his hands with the stick but i was still playing. She then ran over to me and hit my knuckles but my brother kept on playing. When she tried to run back to my brother his rather large friend blocked her path and started dancing in front of her. Then she gave up trying to stop us and threw her stick down and stomped off stage.

We kept playing until the end and then started laughing and talking.


The Bittersweet Life of Valerie Chimpton (Monkey See, Monkey Do) by Anna

As a child I used to listen to Father play Beethoven and Mozart in the parlour. My Sister Margaret and my Brother Sebastian preferred to cook with Mother or Chop the kindling with uncle Jeremy. I sat hour upon hour listening to the soft melodies of the piano, letting the angelic sound surround me.

One afternoon, I got up the nerve to hop onto the seat and touch the keys. When I looked at Fathers sheet music I immediately recognised each note. Why that's an A, and that's a C#, I realised that Father sometimes said the notes that he was playing. I started to play the song. It was slow, but sure enough, It was the song that Father played, the Mozart one, my favourite. I had been playing the song for a little while when Father came in. I thought he would be angry with me but when he saw me playing' he whooped at the top of his lungs. "Hallelujah!" He shouted."My Val's a pianist." We sat down on the piano seat, And played for hour.

One day, when I was 19, I decided I was going to move on. "Mother, Father I want to move to Yeknom City." I held back my breath."we knew that pmich town was too small for you."

Fat Monkey by Callum
I hear some amazing sounds coming from the stage. I walk on to the stage to see that those sounds are coming from the other janitor. When the other janitor finishes his solo i approach him but he is looking glum, I thought “why is he looking so glum when he had just done a beautiful solo”?. I pat him on the back to make him feel better. “Clonk clonk” he hears the instructor and the famous piano player walk in to practice, he closes the piano in a quick flurry and walks away i follow closely behind but as we were walking away the famous monkey gave us a glance as if he was wanting to say “help me”. the other janitor looks at the monkey as if he knew him or something. Now i know why he went away so quickly!

Monkey Symphony by Courthney

It was a gloomy day!!I'm here next to George practising a two part symphony with Mrs. Mackintosh, my piano teacher, watching over my shoulder like a hawk. She would take a look and then walk back to the window, looking at the wet view outside. We were in the middle of finishing the symphony when George randomly changed the beat to a funky jazz one. Of course, I just looked at him not knowing what to do but the music got me moving so I joined in. 

Suddenly, Mrs. Mackintosh got so angry, she kicked me out of class. and I never got a chance to come back. A couple of months later, I was working as a janitor at the theatre where Mozart first played. I was just about to go but I saw George and Mrs. Mackintosh. They were having an assessment. I felt the urge that I had to play so I went backstage and interfered with their performance and we just ended up playing the same song.

Mrs. Mackintosh quit and we ended up becoming the best piano players ever known.




No comments:

Post a Comment