Sunday 30 August 2015

Writing - A Graveyard Scene

For this week's creative writing, we were using the sentence "Wandering through the graveyard it felt like something was watching me".

This is what a few of our students came up with...

Buried Alive by Dylan

Wandering through the graveyard I felt like something was watching me. A cool wind was blowing on my face. Owls were hooting, calling to each other. As I wandered forward, I thought about what I might run into. The darkness concealed what would lie ahead.

I wandered aimlessly for a few minutes, no real goal in sight. Why was I out here? Nothing seemed real. The tombstones were dusty littered with webs and leaves. You could barely make out what each one said.A rustling noise rumbled in the background. This wasn't wind though, it was too heavy to be a breeze.

I turned around but it was gone. Gone into the wind. Not looking where I was going I bumped into a grave. Out of curiosity, I read it. I could barely make out what it said. BURIED ALIVE it read. Suddenly I was feeling creeped out. The rustling. The grave. It all made sense! For a brief moment, I wondered why I was out here .I felt a tap on my shoulder. Not daring to turn around. I ran. And ran. And ran. Straight into the grave of BURIED ALIVE.


The Endless Graveyard by Harry

Scared and isolated I limped through the seemingly endless graveyard, looking for sanctuary. I found an old infested shed. I heard it the sound of breathing slowly approaching. I didn't know whether I should be glad or to run. "H-H-Hello?" I turned, bewildered, to find nobody there, but this is when I felt the unforgiving, ice cold breath on my neck. I screamed as a frozen hand held on to my crooked shoulder. "CRACK"...

That was the last time I ever felt living daylight.


The Graveyard by Elsa

As I was walking through the dark, monstrous graveyard I felt like something was watching me. I turned around with a flick of my head and saw a black shadow. I started to run. But, I felt a sudden pull on my shoulder. BANG!! I fell down on to the leafy ground.

Someone pushed me back up from the ground, she was wearing a black cloak. I heard a scream. Someone has been stabbed, then I heard another bang. So I pushed the person out of the way and I ran. I saw a cottage and opened the door. With a crack a flash of lightening came down from the broken window and with a flash someone was rocking in a chair and they had a black coat on!!!




2 comments: