Sunday 20 September 2015

Creative Writing - The Lonely Robot

Here are a couple of pieces of outstanding creative writing from Room 18 today. There was no limitation on what way we could present it. Some people decided to write a short story, while others decided on poetry.  These are based on an animation that Mr. T showed us about a lonely Robot. 

THE LONE ROBOT by Matthew

I have been walking through the forest for a while now, haven’t seen anything for a long time. Then all of a sudden, a giant column of steam rises up in the distance. I walk towards it. A train was thundering past me with the same logo as the one on my chest. I hesitated for a second, grabbed a maple leaf and the jumped on. I found a corner and relaxed.

Not long after I woke with a start, the train had stopped moving. I hopped out and stared at the foreboding doorway that seemed to absorb the light and make you wonder if there was a black hole inside. I look at the sticker on my chest and then looked at the identical logo above the door. I ripped the sticker off and walked away, grabbing my maple leaf and dawdling down the train tracks.


Wander
The tale of an aimless robot

Life is only what we conceive, what we make of it.
Unless someone makes it for you.
Built for but one purpose, to wander.
In a constant state of movement, never stopping to wonder why.
Until that program is broken.
Questions, questions that are not part of your original design.
Why, Who, What?
Not even knowing  Where these thoughts come from.
There a but two thing that make you ask questions.
The first an inscription, burned into your arm.
No. 00001
The original, but of what.
The second a faded sticker.
Questions are overloading your code.
Black.
Light, Open eyes.
One thought flickers through your small, mechanical mind.
Wander.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment